The new release of PyClone is available!
The download can be found here.
The focus on this release was upgrading to Blender 2.91 and fixing some common issues that were reported from the first release.
- Updated to Blender 2.91
- Included config directory with default startup and userpref file. (This makes it so when you startup the application for the first time it is ready to go, and it won’t interfere with default Blender settings.
- Fixed Drag and Drop when linked assets are in the scene
- Fixed pointer assignment to avoid errors on startup.
- Fixed menu names to avoid warnings on startup.
- Added Wall Command to allow users an easier way to edit the wall mesh.
- Fixed error when accessing floor prompts with no material assigned.
Before I focus on new features and extending the available assets in the Home Builder Library. I am going to focus more time on creating tutorial context, so others can begin developing their own library of assets that work with PyClone.
After I have released all of the essential training information I will be launching a Patreon to help provide users who want to support the project with more high quality training information.
I will be giving an online presentation on PyClone and Home Builder for the OSArch Community on Dec 5th 2020. Check the link below for the exact time and place.
The Open-Source Architecture Community brings together like-minded users and developers who share a common goal: that the built environment can be designed, constructed, operated, and recycled with free/libre and open-source software, with increased transparency, and a more ethical approach.
If you are interested check out the website.